Sunday 2 October 2011

Banoffee Pie!



Banoffee Pie...

Well who doesnt like banoffee pie?? I love it... In fact a few people have never had banoffee pie..
 You are missing out!!

When I came across this raw version, I thought Id give it a go.
It tastes really really yummy and was a hit when I took it around to my friends place.
I found this recipe from www.rawloulou.blogspot.com

It is a great recipe that Im going to make on christmas day.
ENJOY!

1cup almonds
1 1/2 cups dates
In food processor grind up almonds to desired size
Add dates and blend together
Put in pie dish

1 cup soaked cashews
3 ripe bananas
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 c water

In a high speed blender (vitamix)
Blender water and cashews until moderately smooth
Add banana and coconut oil
Blend until smooth

Spread filling on top of base
Sprinkle with pecan nuts
 I didnt have pecan nuts so I used crushed almonds and cashew nuts
Put in freezer for a few hours.
Take out and let it sit to take the chill off before eating!

Am going to make again!!



1 comment:

Rawfully Tempting B. Kessler said...

Looks very tasty.

Barbara - RAWFULLY TEMPTING(TM)

www.rawfullytempting.com