Wednesday 31 August 2011

Carob Coconut Slice


I felt like something sweet so I whipped up this slice.
In the food processor I put:
1 cup of organic almonds
5 dates- that was all I had left
1/8-1/4 cup carob powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp water.
Spread out into a cake tin or tray.
Put in freezer.

Topping
All the topping is, is coconut oil and honey.
 I used a Tbsp of honey and then poured in some coconut oil.. I didnt measure :)
Blended together in my cheap little bullet blender..Anything does the job..
Pour over carob base, I sprinkled some grinded up almonds on top,  you can use any type of fruit or nuts.. I did it while coconut still runny so it sets in the coconut oil. 
Put back into the freezer


Doesnt last long in the house!!! It was yummy..

                                                                

No comments: