Sunday 31 July 2011

Kale Chips

 Kale Chips!! They are sooo tasty- I cant stop eating them!! I had kale in the fridge that needed to be eaten so what better time than now to make kale chips!!


Okey so wash and break kale up into bite size pieces!


Make a sauce out of what ever you can find. I put into the blender a handful of dates, x2  large tomatoes that needed to be eaten, handful of sun dried tomatoes, 1 fat garlic clove, cumin, chilies, paprika. People make cheesy kale, chocolate kale- what ever comes to mind !!



Pour mixture over kale and massage in with your hands! 
 Spread on trays and place in the dehydrator for hours and hours and hours.. Over night and into the next day. Just keep drying until they are very crispy!


 ( Kale chips before being dehydrated! )




End result... crispy tasty kale chips... they are very very yummy.. You have to try them and you will be hooked.. hard to believe something made from a green leafy thing could taste so good :)




2 comments:

Peta said...

I have kale chippies in my dehydrator as I type - spicy tomato and cheesy garlic!
We love our kale chips! Yum

Helen said...

It's so true, why are they so delicious? I say this to myself as I sit and eat an entire batch in one sitting ;) my most popular recent recipe was coconut cream, sweet chilli, soy sauce, and lemon nd lime juice. Also my mum brought some of black Russian kale over and I made some with olive oil, and a generous sprinkle of a veg Parmesan imitation I made. Yummmm.....