Tuesday 28 June 2011

Cheesecake!


RAWFULLY GOOD RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE

Last night we had our friend Darryn over for dinner, so that got me thinking how I should make a dessert.
I had a look for a recipe and came across this 1. Thanks to the rawtarian :)


So in my blender I put... 
1 cup of macadamia nuts
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 dates
pinch of salt
Blend like crazy. :)
line your pie dish with  1/4 cup of shredded coconut



Photo above I have press the base mixture on top of the coconut layer.



In a high-speed blender blend together
3 cups of cashews ( I put these through the blank plate on my juicer as I don't have a good blender )
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
up to 1/4cup of water, if necessary to facilitate blending



Pour over the nut base and freezer for a good hour.



Next our topping.. Yummy!
In a high speed blender blend up 
2 cups of frozen berries (depending on what taste you want- I went with raspberrys)
1/2 dates
As you see I put it through my juicer as my blender wouldn't be powerful enough to mush everything together
but think outside the square on how you could mush these two things together. 



Doesn't this look tasty and also it isn't plastered with un healthy fats and empty sugars.


Believe me this doesn't stay in the fridge long!


HaPpY eAtInG rAw FoOdIe FrIeNds

1 comment:

Peta said...

I can assue everyone this taste delicious! Thanks for the slice today,