Tuesday 7 June 2011

Detox Day 1

Day 1.. I have never fasted in my life, attempted any type of detox so with the thought of taking on this new raw food journey, what better time to give my body time to unclog and recuperate than today!! I'm lucky to have my partner Phill jumping on board and detoxing with me.
After being at a raw food workshop 2weeks ago and meeting Peta (an amazing raw foodie chicky babe) check out her awesome blog loverawliving.blogspot.com. She is very inspiring and suggested I do the 3DCU (3 day clean up) 
Detoxification is vital for a really healthy, happy individual. A lot of people have a toxic build up in their system so in order to help the body through the process, a week before it is advised to cut out dairy,breads,tea,coffee,chocolate,meat,cakes,pies ect.. all the things that us humans aren't really meant to eat anyway. 
This helps reduce the side effects when detoxing. 
3DCU consists of Day1 only water..no food.. just pure water! "Yummy"  good for flushing the system out.. 
Day2 some freshly squeezed juice.. whether it be apples, pineapple, grapes, watermelon.. the choice is yours.. Go nuts..well not literally! 
Day3 we are aloud to eat fruit.. Yay !
Day4 is all about slowly bringing all goodness back into your life that will benefit you and make you a healthier YOU! 


What I like about detoxing is the thought of my digestive system finally getting a much needed break that it deserves and when it has a little break our bodies can then go and repair other parts of our body. Isn't that a wonderful thing?! 
It is now 3pm on the 1st day, I haven't eaten since 8pm last night, Ive had a few tummy rumbles but apart from that no side effects, leading up to this I had 9 days of eating raw so my body is finding it easy to do. If I was to do this 9 days ago, I would be a mess on the floor, headaches and all. Thank goodness I am prepared.
Anyways I am going to slumber in front of the warm heater, watch a d.v.d and rest my over worked body. See you all tomorrow xxx

No comments: